1. How did you hear about Charlotte Purls and when did you join? I was googling charity knitting when I came across the charlottepurls blog. I could not believe the meetings were 5 minutes from my house. I 'd been looking for a local knitting group for months!
2. How long have you been knitting/crocheting and who taught you? I've been knitting for almost a year (in November) and I've been crocheting off and on for about 4 years (I'm still a novice though).
3. What is your favorite item(s) you like to knit/crochet that you could never get enough of doing? I absolutely love scarves. They are so versatile and fun to make. Sometimes they take me a while though because I like them really long.
4. Is there one thing you really have no desire to knit/crochet? I don't see myself ever knitting or crocheting a tea cozy. They're cute in a way but they're not me.
5. How often during the week do you knit/crochet and when do you normally fit in time? I normally try to knit every night while watching t.v or a movie. But since I've been in school, I've barely had time to do anything but study...boo hoo.
6. What is your favorite project to date that you knitted/crocheted? Hmm..last year I worked on some armwarmers for my daughter. I knitted the body of them and then added some crochet fun fur to the top. They were so cute and she loves them.
7. At this moment, what is your future dream project you would like to knit/crochet? I think I'm ready to crack down and work on a sweater. I've been eyeing the central park hoodie for a while now. We'll see...
8. What one new knitting/crocheting thing do you want to learn in 2008? I really would like to get into knitting socks, they seem fun and quick, I just haven't taken the time to really work on them. That's my goal..socks for the new year!
9. What are your "go to" knit/crochet book(s)? For Christmas last year I got the Reader's Digest Book of Knit/Crochet Stitches. I love, love that book. You can come up with countless possibilities for any project.
10. Other than knitting/crocheting are there any other hobbies or activities you enjoy doing? I really like jewelry making. I've made a few pairs of earrings but I would love to learn to do necklaces and bracelets as well.
11. Tell us, how would your close friends/family describe you? I think they would say I'm a nice person and a good mom.
12. If you could have a full day to spend with anyone (dead or alive) who would that be and why? I would have to say my great grandmother Sarah. I would love to learn more about my family history as far back as I could.
13. What one thing do you know for sure? I know a couple of things for sure...where there is a will, there is a way and everything happens for a reason.
14. What has our group (Charlotte Purls) changed about you? I don't feel I've changed much, maybe more obsessed with knitting...if that's possible, but I would say that it has enriched my life outside of work and home.
15. What do you enjoy most about Charlotte Purls? I enjoy meeting up with a great bunch of women sharing in the enjoyment of the crafts we love. There is so much support and fellowship in the group. I always look forward to seeing everyone and sharing projects and ideas.