Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CP "Get to Know a Purl": Bridget

1. How did you hear about Charlotte Purls and when did you join?
My sister found the group on ravelry before I was a member.

2. How long have you been knitting/crocheting and who taught you?
I have been knitting for almost 4 years and I began by taking a knitting class at JoAnn's.

3. What is your favorite item(s) you like to knit/crochet that you could never get enough of doing?
I love making hats because they are so quick and absoultely cute. I love the instant gratification!

4. Is there one thing you really have no desire to knit/crochet?
SOCKS!

5. How often during the week do you knit/crochet and when do you normally fit in time?
I probably knit 4 to 5 days a week usually at night when I am watching tv. However, my new favorite thing is to listen to an audiobook while knitting.

6. What is your favorite project to date that you knitted/crocheted?
Angora baby booties...They are absolutely adorable.

7. At this moment, what is your future dream project you would like to knit/crochet?
Hmm... This is hard because I have been trying a lot of my dream projects. I would say a lace blanket maybe the Hemlock since I have been meaning to start it since the KAL.

8. What one new knitting/crocheting thing do you want to learn in 2009?
To read a chart... still working on it.

9. What are your "go to" knit/crochet book(s)?
The Stitch n' Bitch books

10. Other than knitting/crocheting are there any other hobbies or activities you enjoy doing?
I love to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, reading, and traveling.

11. Tell us, how would your close friends/family describe you?
Absolutely fabulous!!! Hahaha. Scarcastic and sweet.

12. If you could have a full day to spend with anyone (dead or alive) who would that be and why?
My grandmother who died when I was in third grade. I have been thinking about her a lot lately for some reason.

13. What one thing do you know for sure?
I don't know it all and that's okay.

14. What has our group (Charlotte Purls) changed about you?
I have expanded my range of projects and I am trying more difficult patterns because of projects that everyone else knits.

15. What do you enjoy most about Charlotte Purls?
I love the people.

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

Gurl!! Your sister told you about us and we have yet to meet her?!? :o)

Yeah you do have a saracastic funny flair about yourself!!

And you definitely should start on the Hemlock!! You know we would be around to help!

So glad you stick with us Purls gurl! o)

Janet Richards said...

One of the Tuesday gang :) It's been great getting to know you in '08. Love to see that Hemlock in '09 :)