Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CP "Get to Know a Purl": Heather G.


1. How did you hear about Charlotte Purls and when did you join?
I had seen the Charlotte Purls group on Ravelry for awhile, but Michelle finally convinced me to go to a meet up in January 2009 for the Charlotte Yarn field trip

2. How long have you been knitting/crocheting and who taught you?
I learned to knit in the summer of 2002 when my friend, Chris, taught me

3. What is your favorite item(s) you like to knit/crochet that you could never get enough of doing?
Hats - They're quick, a good variety and fun to wear

4. Is there one thing you really have no desire to knit/crochet?
I really don't like picking up stitches so I tend to ignore patterns with things like button bands

5. How often during the week do you knit/crochet and when do you normally fit in time?
I usually find time to knit at night and on weekends, usually an hour at a time. How much I do depends on how excited I am about the project I'm working on

6. What is your favorite project to date that you knitted/crocheted?
The Urban Aran Cardi for my husband - after a year of knitting socks, I thought a sweater would take forever, but it was satisfyingly quick and thrilling when it actually fit properly.

7. At this moment, what is your future dream project you would like to knit/crochet?
Right now the Hanami Stole is calling to me - I'm a sucker for a good back story

8. What one new knitting/crocheting thing do you want to learn in 2009?
I'd like to try to do some of my own designing and maybe pull out the drop spindle kit I bought a few years ago and never used

9. What are your "go to" knit/crochet book(s)?
The original Stitch n Bitch book still gets pulled out, but Vogue Knitting has all the answers

10. Other than knitting/crocheting are there any other hobbies or activities you enjoy doing?
I'm a crossword puzzle junkie, too involved in my neighborhood, some vegetable gardening, and a little dabbling in cheese making

11. Tell us, how would your close friends/family describe you?
Low-key, low maintenance but entirely too neurotic

12. If you could have a full day to spend with anyone (dead or alive) who would that be and why?
The author Tom Robbins just to listen to his stories (or maybe my grandmother since her stories are likely just as good!)

13. What one thing do you know for sure?
(with apologies to Op Ivy) "All I know is that I don't know nothing ... and that's fine"

14. What has our group (Charlotte Purls) changed about you?
I've learned the value of scheduling time just for me and what I enjoy

15. What do you enjoy most about Charlotte Purls?
It's a great, supportive group of people who completely understand the compulsion to knit and the lure of alpaca

1 comments:

Janet Richards said...

I'm so glad you found us! It's been great getting to know you.