Sunday, April 6, 2008

Amigurumi Cuteness


I came across a neat book at the Library, Amigurumi World, Seriously Cute Crochet, written by Ana Paula Rimoli. And cute they are. Amigurumi is the japanese word for knitted or crocheted stuffed animal. Although, this book includes cupcakes, eggs and plants. Ana Paula also has a blog and Etsy Store.

I'm totally hooked...Actually I'm improving my crochet skills working on the little creatures. They are very quick to make and will look good in any room in your house. I guarantee it. Even Connie has ordered an Amigurumi book. She has trouble saying that word :-).

So without any further delays I'm introducing to you:

Horton, the elephant.
Photobucket

The Minis - Turtle and Monkey - They don't have names.

Photobucket

The cupcake
Photobucket


Here's Mr. Frog. I found him on someone's blog. There are tons of Amigurumi Blogs.

Photobucket

Hope these cute creatures bring a smile and inspire you to crochet one.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are so cute.

Virtuous said...

Ooh too cute!

Thanks for posting Aura!

And I luv the cupcake! :o)

I am sure Rose will be all over this one too! :oD

Janet Richards said...

I love those!!! Those are so precious!