1. How did you hear about Charlotte Purls and when did you join?
Ravelry… what a beautiful thing. I started to attend the purls meetings in the early spring of this year.
2. How long have you been knitting/crocheting and who taught you?
My Nana tried to teach me when I was nine or ten but my tension was so tight we couldn’t get my ‘knitting’ off the aluminum needles. I took a class approximately 4 years ago and have been knitting away since then.
3. What is your favorite item(s) you like to knit/crochet that you could never get enough of doing?
I loved knitting my clapotis and know that I will be knitting more of these.
4. Is there one thing you really have no desire to knit/crochet?
My older brother requested an item I will never knit. I am not going to share what it is here but I will at a meeting.
5. How often during the week do you knit/crochet and when do you normally fit in time?
I try to knit on a nightly basis as it is my relaxation. I would say I knit 4-5 hours a week.
6. What is your favorite project to date that you knitted/crocheted?
My felted market bag is my favorite project to date. I felt so proud of myself when I completed it and still love carrying it.
7. At this moment, what is your future dream project you would like to knit/crochet?
Oh wow… just one?? I think the Charlotte ’s web shawl without the fringe. Shhhhh… lace still scares me a bit.
8. What one new knitting/crocheting thing do you want to learn in 2008?
Provisional cast on and a new sock heel.
9. What are your "go to" knit/crochet book(s)?
http://www.knittinghelp.com/ and Stitch and Bitch for techniques
10. Other than knitting/crocheting are there any other hobbies or activities you enjoy doing?
I love to read and explore new places. I also like making things out of beads and wire.
11. Tell us, how would your close friends/family describe you?
Creative and fun loving
12. If you could have a full day to spend with anyone (dead or alive) who would that be and why?
My Aunt Diane… she passed in 1994 and I miss her dearly!
13. What one thing do you know for sure?
The sun rises in the East and sets in the West :) and a good yarn sale makes me happy.
14. What has our group (Charlotte Purls) changed about you?
New techniques don’t intimidate me and I know that there is always someone there to help out.
15. What do you enjoy most about Charlotte Purls?
Where else could a group of women and men come together with not many more communalities then knitting or crocheting and enjoy each others company and form life long friendships?