1. How did you hear about Charlotte Purls and when did you join?
Sometime around January or February 2007 I decided to really kick-up my knitting. So I started looking for knitting groups in the area. I stumbled upon Meetup.com and discovered there were as a Charlotte Knitting Group. I saw Stacey's profile and was interested in the Charlotte Purls group and she emailed me back....and what do you know.....We already knew each other! It was so great to reconnect with Stacey via email and at my first meeting sometime in March. I've been hooked on Charlotte Purls every since.
2. How long have you been knitting/crocheting and who taught you?
I've been knitting for about 2.5 years. I taught myself from a knit kit and knittinghelp.com.
3. What is your favorite item(s) you like to knit/crochet that you could never get enough of doing?
When I first started knitting, I could not get enough of scarves. Everyone in my family had a scarf crafted by me! But as I am maturing in my craft I'm really enjoying short projects that are garments....like "Passin' the Dress Code" by Stitch Poet. I love the fact that it was a quick project plus it has cables. I really try to complete short projects so I can keep my "KnitEsteem" up! Hopefully this year I will start my challenging projects!!!
4. Is there one thing you really have no desire to knit/crochet?
SOCKS.....I love to see the great socks everyone has made and wearing, but the Sock Bug has not hit me yet. However, I do want to try a pair.....we'll see! Also...LACE Shawls! I do not think I have enough patience for it.
5. How often during the week do you knit/crochet and when do you normally fit in time?
Maybe once or twice a week. With me being in school its hard to find the time to knit. Occassionally I try to squeeze in a few minutes during my lunch break as my "get away" from my work.
6. What is your favorite project to date that you knitted/crocheted?
"Passin' the Dress Code" by Stitch Poet, & Embossed Heart Baby Blanket
7. At this moment, what is your future dream project you would like to knit/crochet?
Lizard Ridge.....I think its a beautiful heirloom piece!
8. What one new knitting/crocheting thing do you want to learn in 2008?
Socks, Fair Isle, and Knitting Backwards
9. What are your "go to" knit/crochet book(s)?
Knitting Rules, One Skein, Fitted Knits
10. Other than knitting/crocheting are there any other hobbies or activities you enjoy doing?
Reading, Watching Movies, Bowling
11. Tell us, how would your close friends/family describe you?
Dependable, Caring, Funny
12. If you could have a full day to spend with anyone (dead or alive) who would that be and why?
I've been asked this questions many times and my answer changes depending on what I'm reading or what stage I'm in of life. Currently, I would like to spend a day with Sidney Poitier. I'm reading his autobiography "The Measure of a Man" and there are so many things I'm reading that resonates with me and I would love the opportunity to spend time with him and glean more wisdom from the things he has experienced in his life time.
13. What one thing do you know for sure?
The power to live your life with true joy, peace, and success is within each of us. Its our inner will to have these things that will propel us to live everyday with purpose. God has equiped each of us with gifts and talents that we must use to leave a legacy on this earth.
14. What has our group (Charlotte Purls) changed about you?
Charlotte Purls really hasn't changed much about me, it really is a great place for me to be who I am and have freedom in my craft.
15. What do you enjoy most about Charlotte Purls?
So far our KAL have been fun! I really look forward to them. They keep me knitting on a regular basis. Also, the bond we have within Charlotte Purls is incredible and its truly a blessing to share this craft with such women that really care and have a passion for life. There is not a group of women I would rather sip coffee and click my needles with on a Saturday afternoon...Love you All!!!